Thursday, May 15, 2008

LOVE SONG

Missing you…missing me

 

Missing you, missing me is like;

an empty summers rain drowning the heat on the sewers of the city.

It’s like the hollow echo of the drops; as they land on roof tops

then tumble slowly toward the drain.

Missing you, missing me is the term I’m labelling this,

my fear of loneliness as everything seems to whisper our name,

as if I’ve forgotten that you’re not here.

Its the sour taste in my mouth before I fall asleep groping my pillow for comfort.

 

Missing you missing me sings the chorus of my life;

as I wallow in my misery finally finding me, finding you.

The struggle to stay true to the new me, that found the old me se to the corner like a little naughty girl.

Missing you, finding me is a warped concept about the state of being.

It’s a naked truth I find once I’m staring deep into

 my reflection, letting go to find inner peace.

 

Missing you finding me is a little game. I like to play, like hide and seek. Counting the minutes the seconds

 imagining the days I will spend with you;

 chained to my side and outlining the contours of your body.

 It’s the puzzle I pretend I cannot complete.

 

Pull the wool over my eyes, I find myself saying as the winter nears by loneliness has never seem so dark. 

I long for your return.

 The thought of finding you and holding till eternity doesn’t seem so bad.

 But then again that seems like insanity.

So I’ll just carry on wishing you were here get to know my newly found friend. Myself, me, and hope they will be a place for you on your return.

November 2007

No comments: